Unarco Company History
1937--Founded by Sylvan Goldman, the inventor of the shopping cart as Folding Carrier Corporation in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
1962--Purchased by UNR Industries, a Chicago based manufacturing conglomerate who changed the name to Unarco Commercial Products.
1986--Moved manufacturing facility to Wagoner, Oklahoma.
1992--Added plastic basket shopping carts to product line.
1996--Purchased by Richards Investment Capital of Atlanta Georgia.
1998--Developed "Pro-Shield" powder coat finish to replace Nickel Chrome.
1999--Purchased by The Marmon Group of companies and changed the name to Unarco Industries, Inc.
2003--Developed cart restoration program.
2004--Developed distinctive "Granite Pro-Shield" powder coat finish.
2006--Opened Danville, Virginia cart manufacturing and cart restoration facility.